Top 5 Tips To Protect Your Eyes From Summer Sun
Summer sun is not just a dampener for your skin but it may affect your eyes too as it leads to various disorders or infections of eyes caused due to the summer heat. Infact, overexposure to the sun can lead to eye problems like cataract, retinal damage and other such eye problems as well.
Sharp Sight (Group of Eye Hospitals) shares the most common eye infections caused during the summer sun and tips on how to protect and keep these ocular problems at bay.
Eye allergy of any kind is common during the summer season. The high temperature, dust, pollution and allergens in the air makes your eyes prone to these allergies.
Common Symptoms: Itchiness, redness and burning sensation in eyes, etc. Safety Precaution: Frequent cleaning of the eyes with clean cold water or even cool compression of eyes with cool eye mask is highly recommended.
Conjunctivitis or Pink Eye
Another characteristic eye infection as summer approaches is conjunctivitis. , Common Symptoms: Redness of eyes, pricking sensation, discharge and watering eyes, etc.
Safety Precaution: It can be spread by means of touch (direct or indirect), therefore one should avoid sharing towels, napkins, handkerchiefs, pillow covers, etc., with the patient. Besides, seek an immediate treatment by an eye specialist and maintain personal hygiene like washing hands frequently.
Styes are usually caused due to clogged oil gland and bacteria which live on the skin surface of the eyelid.
Common Symptoms: Swelling in one or both eyelids, redness and pain too. Safety Precautions: The easiest way to prevent styes is by maintaining hygiene on the eyelid. Gently exfoliate the eyelids or gently rub the eyelids to get rid of dead cells. Avoid expired cosmetics, dirty towels and contaminated hands.
During summer months due to dryness in the air and soaring temperature, the tear film on the eye gets evaporated faster, thus causing dry eyes.
Common Symptoms: Burning sensation and irritation in the eyes.
Safety Precautions: We recommend use of artificial lubricating eye drops, and avoid direct air conditioning, etc.
Read Also : How To Protect Your Eyes From Air Pollution
Tips to Keep Your Eyes Safe
- Wash your eyes with cold water every time you are back from summer sun. In case you have any eye infection, splash water atleast a few times in a day.
- If you experience itchy eyes, avoid rubbing them with your hands. Instead, use a clean tissue or handkerchief for gently cleaning your eyes.
- Its important you wear UV protected sun glasses every times you step out in the summer sun.
- A good sleep can work wonders. So, sleep for at least eight hours to rejuvenate your eyes.
- Relax your eyes by placing a slice of cucumber or cool eye mask. It not just relieves your eyes from stress but lso is a good way of getting rid of wrinkles around eyes.
- Most importantly, eat healthy so that your body’s immunity is not knocked off.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drink plenty of water and fluids.
Sharp Sight (Group of Eye Hospitals) one of the best eye hospitals in Delhi NCR have experienced and best eye doctors to take care of your unique eye needs.
To seek an appointment speak to our representative at: +91-01140128881 or visit http://www.sharpsight.in